Diane Gedeon-Martin, President of The Write Source, LLC, has focused on grants, grant seeking, and fund development for nonprofit organizations for over 30 years. Her dedication to the field is evident in the way she speaks about the grant-seeking process; her enthusiasm is contagious! The materials she develops for workshops, conference sessions, and online webinars/audioconferences blend the best of a strong academic program with a practical approach to grant seeking to provide an exceptional learning opportunity for all.
From 2001 to 2015, she was an adjunct faculty member of The Fund Raising School at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University where she not only taught Preparing Successful Grant Proposals but also co-authored the curriculum for the course along with Melissa S. Brown of Melissa S. Brown & Associates. Before joining the faculty at Indiana University, she taught grant seeking for four years for a similar program conducted by Wayne State University in Detroit. Her other faculty positions include the following:
- Annie E. Casey Foundation – 2008 to 2012
- Association of Fundraising Professionals’ (AFP) Principles of Fundraising Program, Connecticut Chapter – since 2008
- CharityChannel.com/Charity University – since 2008
- Connecticut After-School Network – since 2008
- Connecticut Community Nonprofit Alliance (The Alliance) – since 2003
- Grant Professionals Association – since 2004
- Nonprofit Center for the Berkshires – since 2020
- Philanthropy Massachusetts – since 2018
- Thompson Grants – since 2020
Diane received the title of Master Trainer through the Faculty Training Academy conducted by AFP International. The Faculty Training Academy prepares instructors to take leadership positions in AFP’s professional education programs and to serve as peer mentors for other AFP course instructors.
She is a popular speaker and instructor often sought out to present at conferences sponsored by local, state, national, and international associations. Please see the Sample Workshop/Conference Host List for more information. The roster includes six consecutive years speaking at the annual AFP International Conference and a presenter for two of their International Webinar Series.
Visit the Training Calendar page to learn more about upcoming venues where she will be sharing her expertise about the grant-seeking process. She speaks at conferences all over the country and may be at a location near you!