Our team consists of one full-time and two part-time subcontracted writers and researchers. This core group continues to excel at producing winning grant proposals and identifying grantmakers for the various projects and programs of our clients.
Diane created The Write Source in 1993 because of her passion for helping nonprofits achieve their goals. She knew that she could use her nearly 15 years of corporate marketing management experience with Fortune 500 companies and a couple of years as a nonprofit development director to make their grant-seeking efforts successful. In fact, Diane was on the other side of the table reviewing grant requests in her role as a regional marketing director managing the local corporate giving program for a major fast-food chain.
Today, The Write Source stands as a testament to her skills and talent for providing exemplary grant-seeking services. She has a very strong, corporate work ethic; she has extremely high standards. Her track record of preparing successful grant proposals, case statements, and researching grantmakers speaks for itself. Time and time again, her clients tell her that it was because of her success in securing grants that they wanted to contract The Write Source to work on their projects, especially federal grant applications.
As you can see, Diane Gedeon-Martin is The Write Source. Every page of this website speaks to her accomplishments. She is the main writer, chief researcher, and workshop presenter.
Making the case for support on paper or online is just like breathing to Diane – it comes naturally. She knows what grantmakers want and prepares documents with exacting detail, even providing kernels of information the grantmaker didn’t request but that helped her client win the award. It is this type of focus that helps her design winning responses.
Diane truly loves her work. She is eager to share her grant-seeking methods with others. You can learn more about her teaching and conference experience by visiting our Workshop Presenter Bio page.
Her affiliations include the following:
- Retired adjunct faculty for The Fund Raising School at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University – 2001 to 2015
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) – 1994 to present
- Charter (legacy) member of the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) – 1999 to present
- Member of the Association of Philanthropic Counsel (APC) – 2019 to present
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for APC – 2020 to present
- Past member of the Board of Directors for Children in Placement, New Haven, CT – 2012 to 2018
- Past Vice President, Program Committee Co-Chairperson, and Education Committee Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the AFP Connecticut Chapter – 2007 to 2012
- Past Co-Chairperson of the Grant Seeker’s Network and Education Committee for the AFP Greater Detroit Chapter – 1995 to 2001
Two Sub-Contracted Grants Professionals
These two, part-time writers and researchers remain behind the scenes due to their other careers with nonprofit organizations. They do not have client contact yet produce exceptional materials for the clients of The Write Source based on the direction they receive from Diane. Both have been with The Write Source for 20 years.
How We Work With Clients
Clients of The Write Source have contact only with Diane. She prepares all foundation, corporate, and government proposals while her two sub-contracted assistants provide backup support such as adopting proposals that she prepared into formats to submit to new grantmakers or researching potential funders for a particular program or project.