The U.S. government awarded over $5.0 billion in grants to qualified nonprofits to implement non-research projects in 2019. Of the 155,035 grant recipients, approximately 1.0 million more received rejection notices. Is your organization ready to compete for future federal grants opportunities? Erase the complexity and confusion often associated with federal grants. Rather than relying on corporate or foundation giving, it may be time to seek out potential federal grants.
The intended goals of this workshop are as follows:
- Demystify the process of seeking federal grants for single awards of $50,000 to multi-year requests of $1.0 million or more
- Learn to carefully review federal opportunity announcements (FOAs)/request for proposals (RFP) to understand what the government wants to fund
- Plan ahead for future publication of available federal grants through online resources
- Understand the process of preparing an average 40-page, single-spaced proposal narrative in less than 15 business days
- Learn how peer reviewers score your proposal
This workshop provides learning opportunities for intermediate to advanced (10+ years) grant seekers. The ideal participants will be those with two or more years of experience preparing grant proposals. They will have an understanding of how to develop a strong needs statement, goals and outcomes, evaluation strategies, and the budget and justification for the project/program they propose.
Register online at Nonprofit Center of the Berskhires.